It’s the perfect way to warm up on a chilly day. Try this easy turkey soup that can also add a welcome, new twist to Thanksgiving leftovers.
For more healthy recipes, visit HealthyKohlsKids.com. The Healthy Kohl’s Kids program is a partnership between Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Kohl’s Department Stores to educate children and parents about healthy nutrition and fitness.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup diced carrot
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz) great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (about 16 ounces) cubed cooked turkey
- ½ cup cubed zucchini
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in carrot, celery, pepper, oregano, and basil. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid, water, broth, beans, and turkey and stir. Cover saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini and parsley and cook until zucchini is cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Calories: 165, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 47mg, Sodium: 528mg, Carbohydrates: 14g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 21g
* Nutritional information is based on ingredients listed and serving size; any additions or substitutions to ingredients may alter the recipe’s nutritional content.