The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is dedicated to bringing volunteers together to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person services to the community’s most vulnerable neighbors in need, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or age.
- Pantry and garden volunteers
- Event volunteers
- Event sponsors
- Non-perishable, non-expired pantry items
- New or gently used thrift store items
- Winter coats, all sizes
- $25 monthly, Disciple of Charity memberships
- $100 monthly, Apostle of Charity memberships
- A $200 donation covers one month’s utilities
- A $500 donation provides one month’s rent to avoid a family eviction
- Monetary donations of any size supports the mission
- Fourth Annual Glow ’N’ Go 5K Run|Walk
Sept. 29, 2018
- 14th Annual Free Coat Giveaway
- WOWT Holiday Food Drive for SVdP Pantry
- 10th Annual Strawberry Brunch
Since 1869, the Omaha Society has served with dignity and respect, linking non-profit international grassroots to the mission of the Society’s patron, St. Vincent de Paul. Over 700 Vincentian volunteers, belonging to 34 parish-based conferences, meet face-to-face during home visits to help the struggling avoid eviction and utility shut-off. The Society also operates four thrift stores and a client-choice food pantry.
Responding to need. Sharing in hope. In 2017:
- 16,428 people received emergency aid of rent or utilities totaling $849,684
- $15,332 impacted 38 households with emergency relief through Ozanam Outreach, a program for non-conferences areas
- 24 years in operation, the SVdP Choice Pantry through 133 volunteers served 11,971 households
- 1,473 individuals received free sets of clothing
- 2,355 men, women and children accepted free winter coats and accessories across the metro
Pay it Forward
- Respond to the call to serve the most vulnerable. Visit the website for volunteer opportunities:
- Helpline responder
- Ozanam Outreach worker
- Special events
- Food pantry team
- Garden Angels
- Thrift store or warehouse sorters
- Support the mission and programs financially. The Society of SVdP is a 501(c)(3) organization, relying entirely on financial donations to respond to the increasing community needs.
- Shop SVdP Thrift Stores. Visit the website for store locations and hours.
- Spread the needs of the community. Follow facebook.com/svdpomaha
Society of St. Vincent de Paul Omaha
P.O. Box 241201
Omaha NE 68124-5201
The Big Give was published in the September/October 2018 edition of Omaha Magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.