Try this healthy guacamole instead of a dip filled with unhealthy fats. Creamy avocado, jalapeño, and a surprise touch of diced green apple will make this recipe a party favorite.
Find more great recipes at HealthyKohlsKids.com. The Healthy Kohl’s Kids program is a partnership between Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Kohl’s Department Stores to educate children and parents about healthy nutrition and fitness.
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and mashed
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp green hot sauce
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Garnish with additional cilantro just before serving, if desired.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: about 1/4 cup; Calories: 136; Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0; Sodium: 81mg; Carbohydrates: 10g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 2g
Yield: 8 servings