Omahans give. That is no secret. Just consider the amount generated by the Omaha Community Foundation’s fourth annual Omaha Gives campaign. The 24-hour funding drive amassed almost $9 million, a new record.
In each September/October issue, Omaha Magazine helps our readers determine where to spend their charitable donations through a special advertorial called The Big Give. Inside this section, you’ll find information on a variety of charities, including their mission statements, wish lists, event dates, and more. Click here to view the entire Big Give.
This year, The Big Give spotlights:
100 Black Men of Omaha
The ALS Association Mid-America Chapter
American Red Cross
Assistance League of Omaha
Autism Action Partnership
CASA for Douglas County
Children’s Scholarship Fund of Omaha
Diabetes Education Center of the Midlands
Film Streams, Inc.
Food Bank for the Heartland
Gesu Housing, Inc.
Global Partners in Hope
Green Omaha Coalition
Heartland Family Service
The Hope Center for Kids
ICARE Youth Services, Inc.
The Jewish Federation of Omaha
The Kim Foundation
Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska
Nebraska Children’s Home Society
Nebraska Humane Society
The Nebraska Urban Indian Health Coalition
Ollie Webb Center, Inc.
Omaha Against Hunger
Omaha Children’s Museum
Omaha Home for Boys
Omaha Public Library Foundation
Open Door Mission
Outlook Nebraska, Inc.
Release Ministries, Inc.
The Salvation Army
Santa Monica House
Siena/Francis House Homeless Shelter
United Way of the Midlands
Youth Emergency Services
More from Omaha Magazine
- Project Everlast The first time Akeeme Halliburton was placed in foster care, he was in middle school. […]
- Filling Mom’s Shoes Daughters become inspired, motivated, and awed by their mothers as they see them dash […]
- Repurpose A good location often draws businesses to established neighborhoods. Repurposing an […]
- Completely KIDS Imagine you’re a child. You spend eight hours at school every weekday, and you return […]
- Heartland Family Service’s Salute to Families Every year, Heartland Family Service honors families from Nebraska and Iowa with their […]