Just because turkey is healthy doesn’t mean it has to be bland and boring. Try this delicious grilled turkey London broil. The ginger, soy sauce, and brown sugar marinade keep the turkey moist.
Find more great recipes at HealthyKohlsKids.com. The Healthy Kohl’s Kids program is a partnership between Children’s Hospital & Medical Center and Kohl’s Department Stores to educate children and parents about healthy nutrition and fitness.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (gluten free if needed)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs turkey breast, butterflied
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a large cup, combine olive oil, ginger, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and scallions.
- In a large, shallow, glass baking dish, arrange turkey breast and pour marinade over it to cover. Turn turkey to coat both sides. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove turkey from marinade. Season turkey with the salt and black pepper.
- Grill the turkey 8 minutes on each side, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the turkey breast registers 165°. Let turkey rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 5 oz turkey;
Calories: 238; Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 1g;
Cholesterol: 70mg; Sodium: 340mg;
Carbohydrates: 3g; Fiber: 0; Protein: 34g
Yield: 8 servings