- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- ⅓ cup canned jalapeño pepper slices, juice reserved
- 3 Tbsp tahini
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp curry powder
crushed red pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, mix the garbanzo beans, jalapeño peppers (and reserved juice), tahini, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Season with cumin, curry powder, and crushed red pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve with pita chips.
More from Omaha Magazine
- Mountain Trail Mix Ingredients:
½ cup cashews
½ cup peanuts
¼ cup almonds (optional)
½ cup […]
- Breakfast Banana Bread Don’t throw away those mushy bananas. Very ripe bananas are just what you need for this […]
- Pasta Salad Pasta Salad
1 (16oz) package tri-color spiral pasta
3 cups cherry […]
- Holiday Shrimp Dip Holiday Shrimp Dip
1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
2 (4oz) […]
- Rice Krispies Treats (with a Twist!) Did you know that you can make Rice Krispies treats without marshmallows? No empty […]